8.28.2012

Hi Friends! I've been away for a while it seems. I was on an amazing backpacking trip through the Sierra Nevadas. It was a lot of hard work but I also had some downtime to relax and get inspired by the beautiful scenery. I brought a small travel watercolor set, some markers, and two colored pencils. I also had one of these brushes which was so perfect for what I was using it for. There were so many interesting rocks along the trail -  I wanted to paint them all! But of course there was no time for that so take a look at my selection of favorites below. Stay tuned for many more pages from my sketchbook. I have plenty to share!

rocks of the jmt

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I love that illustration! So beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Abigail you are amazing! I just saw someone use that brush with watercolor pencils, but what you created is almost photograph like, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love the impact of the hand-lettering. I tend to pick up ordinary but interesting rocks whenever I travel (N.California is a favorite destination), so these feel like old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Your illustrations are gorgeous, and they definitely appeal to my love of colors and shapes and things collected and carefully laid out. Lovely lovely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete